Monday, January 10, 2011

TOURCAT #1

NO SNOW! That was rad. Anyway...

Thursday: Show at Hagg Mansion (Sean's house) went extremely well for telling fucks about it the day before it happened. Nimbus Terrifix are one of my favorite bands right now. We were supposed to the three days with them, but they couldn't come to the last show with us due to work. Understandable, unfortunate. They split the house in half with the wind coming off of their arms, wrists and fingers. These dudes do it faster and better than any Hardcore band out right now; I'll stake my life on that. Most people in attendance just watched in awe... try not to think about it. New Miseries played next. We've been waiting for the Vena brothers to start a band that lasted more than a myspace demo and local, shit shows. This has got to be it! They played in almost total darkness and were tighter than ever. Plus, it brought the danger aspect of a Hardcore show back to life. I felt like I was 16. No one could escape it. Our good friend, Kevin Dare made the room move to his benefit after a bottle of Schnapps and a 40oz. of Hurricane laid to rest in his belly. Gross combo. Robby Vena left Sean with a shiner. Great fuckin' set. The show was closed out by Anthony and Pete of Glory Bound playing an acoustic set. A bit odd, but this is what we do. TAKE A WALK! These dudes put all the love, hate and comedy into their performance. Glory Bound write great, passionate punk songs and it doesn't matter if it's electric or not. My favorite part of the night came from this set. Pete covered "J.A.R." from Green Day. I'd have to say I was souped. Show over, time to watch "Angus".




I'll get the stories of Friday and Saturday tomorrow. Not like anyone reads this, but I'll get them to. You'll see...

-Squibbles

No comments:

Post a Comment